‘Blue’: Classy vintage style 1-bedroom apartment (sleeps 2+1)
Rotterdam Hotel Apartment, Graceful ornamented
This pleasant Rotterdam hotel apartment is situated in a mansion dating from the year 1896, which is a listed monument. The large windows at the front overlook the vibrant street Nieuwe Binnenweg. At the rear adjoins a quiet patio.
The apartment of 60 m2 consists of an open space that is separated by en-suite doors. The charming mantel pieces, graceful ceiling ornaments and distinctive wooden floors give this place a warm and exceptional look.
Romantic and comforting for individual travelers or couples
At the front part it features the fully equipped kitchen, dining table for 2 or 3 persons, a large couch, HD flat screen tv and an iPod docking station.
At the rear there’s the bedroom with a queen size box spring bed (1.60 x 2.00 m), bathroom with walk-in shower, wardrobe and a separate toilet. Next to the bedroom there is a separate space where the washing machine and dryer are situated.
Both sides of the apartment have small balconies. Because smoking is not allowed inside, the balconies can be used for this.
The apartment is located on the 2nd floor of this expat house and because it’s situated in a historic building, there is no lift. The stairs are quite steep.
Very suitable for:
- Solo travelers: pleasant size and furnishing for someone to feel comfy on their own, King-size box spring bed in one piece, open bathroom next to bed room.
- Business travelers: free high speed wireless internet, extra wide walk-in shower, bathrobe and slippers, large wardrobe, very suitable for female business travelers as well.
- Couples of all ages: King-size box spring bed in one piece, located on the first floor.
- Family of 3: possibility to place an extra bed in the bed room for one child. In evenings the bed room can be separated from the living area by ‘en-suite’ sliding doors.
- This is a non-smoking apartment. Smokers can use the balcony.
Area Desription – vibrant location in city centre, close to Museum Park
Because of its lively character the Nieuwe Binnenweg, where this apartment is located, is a well known street in Rotterdam. The area consists of historical mansions next to modern buildings and the large number of trendy shops, vintage boutiques, cozy cafes and quality restaurants is still increasing. Another well known street, the majestic Mathenesserlaan is just around the corner.
Erasmus Medical Centre is located at 200 m distance, the Museum Park with the Dutch Architecture Institute (NAi) at 400 m, Art Museum Boijmans van Beuningen at 600 m, high-end shopping street Van Oldenbarneveltstraat at 700 m and the cultural Witte de Withstraat 700 m.
Public transport & parking
Rotterdam Central Railway Station is located 1.2km away. The nearest metro station Dijkzigt is 200 meters away. The nearest tram station at the Nieuwe Binnenweg is within 90 meters. There is paid parking directly in front and at the surrounding streets. The nearest multi-storey parking garage Museum Park is 400 meters away.
Facilities in Blue
- High-speed wireless internet (WIFI)
- XL flat screen TV with digital television
- DVD player
- DVD collection
- I-pod dock & radio
- Thermostat for individually regulating the central heating
- All windows can be opened
- Well-lit entrance door
- Two balconies
- Reading lamp next to couch
- Queen size box spring bed (160 x 200 cm)
- Walk-in shower
- Socket in bathroom for electric razor or hair-dryer
- Washing machine, tumble dryer and detergents
- Iron and ironing board
- 4-ring gas cooker
- Refrigerator with freezer compartment
- Combined microwave-oven
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Electric kettle
- Sufficient pots and pans
- Several chopping boards and knives
- Complete crockery and cutlery
- Wine glasses, beer glasses, water glasses, champagne glasses, coffee cups