‘Cocoon’: Contemporary and comfortable 1-bedroom city stay apartment (sleeps 2)
Luxurious and comfortable one bedroom short term studio for rent, perfect for someone traveling alone
The lay-out of this City Loft provides light and space everywhere. This well designed 50 m2 short term rental apartment consists of a comfortable lounge area with reading lamp, flat screen tv with extra international channels, and DVD player with some DVD’s. By the window there’s a large dining table, next to the fully equipped kitchen. A bedroom with King-size box spring bed and large wardrobe, luxurious bathroom, separate toilet, and sunny balcony next to the bathroom. Extra sound isolation has been built in during the radical renovation to create a quiet short term rental apartment for a good night sleep. Ideal for a somewhat longer stay in our studio for rent in Rotterdam, for example during a business or cultural project or a one week city visit.
Sophisticated materials for ultimate cocooning
The used materials are remarkable and luxurious. Italian granite tiles in the bathroom, sophisticated wall paper and a beautiful bamboo wooden floor that continues in bathroom and toilet to enhance the spaciousness of the apartment. On the walls art work by Rotterdam-London based photographer Dineke Versluis.
The Cocoon is very suitable for:
- Solo travelers: pleasant size and furnishing for someone to feel comfy on their own; double boxspring bed in one piece.
- Business travelers: free high speed wireless internet; luxurious bathroom; extra wide walk-in shower; bathrobe and slippers; large wardrobe; automatic ventilation; sound isolation; very comforting for female business travelers as well.
- Couples of all ages: boxspring double bed in one piece; bed room separated from living area; located on the first floor.
- This is a non-smoking apartment. Smokers can use the balcony.
Area description – hot spot in city centre
The Cocoon, our 2 room studio for rent, is located directly above a trendy art gallery, and just a stone’s throw from the MaHo quarter, Rotterdam’s latest hot spot in the city centre. This quarter is a typical post-war Rotterdam neighborhood, whit a lot going on. You’ll find specialist boutiques, hip bars and cafes, and the latest restaurants. This neighborhood also contains the lively market, the historic St Laurenskerk and the cube houses of architect Piet Blom. The area borders some major shopping streets and the Oude Haven-area (meaning: Old Harbour) with many lively bars and restaurants. The charming residential area of Kralingen is also nearby. Several international companies at the Maasboulevard and Boompjes can be reached on foot.
The nearest tram station at Burg.Van Walsumweg is 90 meters away, the nearest subway station Oostplein 250 metres, and Rotterdam Blaak Railway Station is only 450 meters. There is paid parking in the surrounding streets, and a multi-storey parking garage named Kiphof, in the Kipstraat, at only 100 meters away. Facilities in Cocoon
- High speed wireless internet (WIFI)
- Flat-screen TV with digital television and extra international channels
- DVD player with DVD collection
- iPod dock & radio
- Thermostat for individual regulation of the central heating
- Energy-saving radiators with ultra-short warm-up times
- Environmentally-friendly bamboo wood flooring throughout
- Abundant daylight
- All windows can be opened
- Well-lit entrance door
- Balcony (next to bath room)
- Reading lamps next to bed and sofa
- Comfortable box spring bed 1,60 x 2,00 meters
- Extra-wide walk-in shower with thermostat control and adjustable shower head
- Large, well-lit mirror in bathroom for applying make-up
- Sockets in bathroom for electric razor and hair-dryer
- Washing machine (no tumble dryer)
- Iron and ironing board
- Refrigerator with freezer compartment
- Microwave with full-size conventional oven
- ‘Nespresso’ coffee machine
- Electric kettle
- Pots and pans
- Chopping board and knives
- Complete crockery and cutlery
- Wine glasses, beer glasses, coffee cups and mugs
(Sophie, Individuel traveler, USA march 2014)