‘Rooftop Suite’: Comfy and spacious 2-bedroom apartment with sunny roof terrace (sleeps 4+2)
Elegant and spacious two bedroom Luxury apartment Rotterdam
This elegant and spacious Luxury Apartment Rotterdam is situated in a mansion dating from the year 1896, which is a listed monument. The large windows at the front overlook the vibrant street Nieuwe Binnenweg. At the rear adjoins a quiet patio.
Share with up to 6 people, so much nicer than separate hotel rooms
This luxury Rotterdam apartment of 100 m2 covers two floors. On the lower floor there are two large bedrooms in this apartment with 4 box spring beds and a large, luxury bathroom with walk-in shower, double washbasins and toilet. Both bed rooms are big enough to place extra beds upon request, with a maximum of 2 beds total for this apartment.
At the upper floor, directly under the roof, the ceiling was heightened and the roof timbers left in sight to create a magnificent space. This floor contains a sitting area, dining table with 6 comfortable chairs and a fully equipped kitchen. Moreover, there is a large sunny roof terrace facing south, with outdoor furniture, that can be reached directly from the living room through large sliding doors.
A feeling of relaxation and fun
The color scheme of this apartment is carefully chosen to match the character of the building and the various rooms, with darker colors in the bedrooms to create coziness, and light colors in the living area to create a feeling of relaxation and fun.
The apartment is located on the 3rd and 4th floor, and because it is situated in a historic building there is no lift available. The stairs are steep.
The Rooftop Suite is very suitable for:
- Families: 2 bed rooms with 4 box spring beds; large walk-in shower; double wash basins; excellent kitchen facilities for cooking and dining; family and children DVD’s; plastic plates and cups; 1 extra bed or baby bed and high chair upon request; apartment covers 2 floors, child safety gates available.
- Group of friends: 2 bedrooms with 4 single box spring beds, upon request 2 extra beds; spacious and stylish living/cooking/dining area designed to have a good time; large sunny furnished roof terrace next to living room.
- Two colleagues sharing an apartment: 2 separate, very large bed rooms and bathroom on one floor with kitchen and living area on the floor above, perfect to keep your privacy, but more cost effective than 2 hotel rooms.
- Couples of all ages: spacious, light, comfortable and cozy apartment.
- Not suitable for: people with difficulty walking, because of the long and steep stairs in this historic building.
- This is a non smoking apartment. Smokers can use the roof terrace.
Area Description – lively street with cozy cafes, quality restaurants and trendy shops
Because of the lively character the Nieuwe Binnenweg, where this apartment is located, is a well known street in Rotterdam. The area consists of historical mansions next to modern buildings, and the large number of trendy shops, vintage boutiques, cozy cafes and quality restaurants is still increasing. Another well known street, the majestic Mathenesserlaan is just around the corner.
Erasmus Medical Centre is located at 200 m distance, the Dutch Architecture Institute (NAi) at 400 m, Art Museum Boijmans van Beuningen at 600 m, high-end shopping street Van Oldenbarneveltstraat at 700 m and the cultural Witte de Withstraat 700 m.
Public transport & parking
Rotterdam Central Railway Station is located 1.2 km away. The nearest metro station Dijkzigt is only 200 meters away. The nearest tram station at the Nieuwe Binnenweg is within 90 meters. There is paid parking directly in front and in the surrounding streets. The nearest multi-storey parking garage Museum Park is 400 meters away.
Facilities in Rooftop Suite
- High-speed wireless internet (WIFI)
- XL flatscreen TV with digital television
- DVD player with DVD collection
- I-pod dock & radio
- Thermostat for individual regulation of the central heating
- Abundant daylight
- All windows can be opened
- Well-lit entrance door
- Sunny roof terrace with outdoor furniture for 6 persons
- Reading lamp by sofa
- Four single box spring beds
- Walk-in shower
- Double sink
- Socket in bathroom for electric razor or hair-dryer
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Refrigerator with freezer compartment
- Combined microwave-oven
- ‘Nespresso’ coffee machine
- Electric kettle
- Sufficient pots and pans
- Several chopping boards and knives
- Complete crockery and cutlery
- Wine glasses, beer glasses, water glasses, champagne glasses, coffee cups
“Fantastic apartment for a family of 4, very spacious and stylishly decorated, with a large sunny roof terrace. Well equipped kitchen and living/dining. Large bed rooms providing lots of privacy. Everything was of high quality. Excellent welcome service by friendly and helpful hostess. Very central location right in the city centre. Would book again.”
(Marcus,family with young children, Sao Paulo, Brasil)